Bodybuilding Diet Tips | How to grow your muscle!
A good body building diet means that you will not just gorge on any kind of food that is laid in front of you. That means do not even think about ordering the Joey special (two pizzas) and calling it carbohydrates. The rule is, “do not eat anything that comes out of a box”, sorry guys pizza is out – check!
In order to build muscles successfully, you need to eat healthy and we all know that processed foods aren’t healthy no matter how good the can or plastic wrapper looks. Experts on body building believe that a good body building diet consists of fresh and wholesome foods and veggies.
1.) Whole foods
Whole foods are great for helping you achieve low body fat. There is no use spending all that time at the gym (or wherever) and not have your six packs showing. There isn’t any point doing all that work and not showing off your muscles. The vitamins and minerals found in whole foods also help with muscle recovery; make sure you eat whole foods 90% of the time!
- Veggies – broccoli (did someone just say yuck?), don’t be a baby; broccoli is one of the best veggies (isn’t exactly very tasty but it should be included in your body building diet). Other veggies include, spinach, tomato, carrots and salad;
- Fruits – Apples (we all know what the doctors say about apples), bananas, pineapple, pears, oranges;
- Protein – Eggs, lean meat, poultry, milk, fish;
- Fats – (yes, fats) good fats such as fish oil, olive oil, flax seeds, real butter low fat and nuts.
2.) Got Protein?
Proteins are known to have the highest thermic effect. You really need to have 1g of protein per pound of body-weight each day in order to build and maintain muscle. That is equal to 160g of daily protein intake – that is, if you weigh 160lbs or 72kg. Ensure you eat whole proteins with every meal. Include the following in your body building diet:
- Poultry – chicken breast, turkey, whole chicken, duck;
- Eggs – Eat the yolk because it is packed with vitamins;
- Red meat – steaks, ground round, deer, buffalo;
- Dairy – drink lots of milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, whey, quark cheese;
- Fish – Tuna, mackerel, salmon, sardines (not out a can!)
3.) Eat Calorie rich foods
You can eat 100g raw spinach, pasta, olive oil, oats, mixed nuts. Calories are really great for body builders and no body building diet is complete without calorie rich foods.
4.) Got Milk?
If you do not mind gaining some fat, add whole milk to your body building diet. You can drink a gallon of whole milk each day (with your present food intake). You are sure to gain about 25lbs in a month if you combine this with squat sessions.
And lastly, make sure you eat more, because food is not only meant for energy, you need it for muscle growth and recovery. Eating frequent meals will also help you boost your body’s metabolism, which in turn helps you lose fat rapidly
That’s it easy and simple right?
Until Next time!